Monday, April 26, 2010

A Monday Top List

1. It's one of those Mondays that I am feeling good about, but that I still put ice in my coffee thermos so I can drink it asap. In other words, keep the good, despite it being the beginning of the workweek, feeling going.

2. Moneek and I got ready together this morning, which rarely ever happens and it cheered me up. Getting ready alone is just no fun. Who can I complain about my outfits to?

3. Incidentally, I had to wear a tank top AND a slip under my dress today. I can't even express the disapproval I have in regards to under garmets. That sounded perverted. Hehe.

4. All three dogs were up with us, causing a commotion (Zoey and Castor like to make out, it's weird) and tripping us at every chance that they get.

5. Moneek brought to my attention that I have taken to saying, "Can we not....." a lot.

6. Ex: To the dogs: "Can we not be lame today?"

7. Ex: To Castor: "If you're not doing my hair, can we not be here?"

8. Yes I am a very nice pet owner (or try to be) I promise!

9. Has anyone heard that Stars have released a new album called Sad Robot?

10. The title song is in french and it has the most beautifully sad lyrics that I just love:

11. In french ( I so wish I was fluent in french ):

Il pleut, il pleut,


Je pleure, je pleure,



Il pleut, il pleut,

Je pleure, je pleure,



J'ai peur que je vais roullier ce soir



Il pleut, il pleut,

Je pleure, je pleure,



Il pleut, il pleut,

Je pleure, je pleure,



J'ai peur que mon temps soit expiree,

J'espere que vous viendrez me secher

J'espere que vous pouvez me reperer

J'ai peur que je vais roullier ce soir

Mon coeur,

Changera de l'acier a la poussiere

12. And in english:

It rains, it rains


I cry, I cry



It rains, it rains

I cry, I cry



I'm afraid that I'm going to rust tonight



It rains, it rains

I cry, I cry



It rains, it rains

I cry, I cry



I'm afraid that my time has expired,

I hope that you will come dry me,

I hope that you can repair me,

I'm afraid that I'm going to rust tonight

My heart,

Will change from steel to dust

13. Like I said, so sad and so beautiful. I just can't help but love it. And it doesn't hurt that that's exactly how I feel.
 
14. You would have thought I'd learned my lesson by now. I just can't stand being one of those people who don't live in the moment. I want to be a gypsy, a drifter, train hopper, traipeze artist, Peter Pan, anyone who doesn't have to think, who just twirls through life.
 
15. Oh, here's the album cover for the Stars CD. Lovely.
 

Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment