Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Listlessness Top List

A List Of Loves:

1. Picking out our future cottages in San Marco. I made Moneek take a picture in front of some unknown person's home (who may or may not have been inside at the time).

2. Posing in front of an explosion of azaleas.


3. Martinis at The Ivy.


4. BOARD GAMES. All Board Games. In fact, if there was a way to combine them all into one super massive, deliciously legendary game of yumminess, I WOULD PLAY IT.


5. Daydreaming about my future adventure of sailing down the Amazon and staying in a tree house hotel where I will have to lock the doors so monkeys don't try to come in my room and steal my booze and attempt to look at my whoha while I'm in the shower and where I will see pink dolphins and learn how to survive in the wilderness, all while looking/smelling stunning and stopping to pick the exotic flowers. Look, that there is a picture of the South America part of my globe. That means I'm SERIOUS. Good day.


6. Green and blue glass bottles just rock my world so hard I don't even know which way is up. Yes, this is one of those collections that serves absolutely no purpose but, if there was a fire and I had to snatch a few things to save, I'd probably grab one of these vases and shoot out the door. I know, I know. It doesn't make sense. Look, everyone gets one. 


7. I heart heart heart all the journals I've kept since Sophmore year in high school. On a serious note kids, there is nothing like the ramblings of 16 year old you to remind you how much you've grown. This is especially useful on days when you feel little, pathetic and the biggest failure on the planet. Everyone needs to journal. Go grab a pen and if you don't have a journal yet (go get one) use an old receipt, grafetti the wall by your toilet or just write on the table.



 8. My current journal. Leather bound and embossed with "Drifter's Log". Sigh. I wish you could sniff it's yumminess and get the full effect. It is glorious.

9. My Diana camera. It's a toy camera (if no one has heard of the cult of these cameras you've been under a rock somewhere) which basically means that it lets light in randomly and you could take the most stunning picture of your life or it could be completely black and fuzzy. It's a surprise and who doesn't love a good surprise?


10. Castor Troy, the love of my life. Aka: "Bunny", "Poodle", "Bun Face" or "Life Ruiner" if he's being naughty. Incidentally, Moneek has informed me that he is starting to believe he is a bunny because he does a little hop at the end of a stretch of running. 

11. Karaoke with my best friend in the whole wide world. Fav song to sing? HEARTBREAKER by Pat Benatar. PUMPS ME UP!!!

12. Well, I'm sufficiently cheered up and it's time to go grocery shopping. Excitement. perhaps I'll buy a giant box of Slim Jims. Don't worry, I'm sure that you will be hearing about my unhealthy obsession with these sticks of meaty goodness later. For now, I'm off!


No comments:

Post a Comment